Sunday, November 15, 2009

12" DOILY LIZBETH THREAD


I have had a lot of medical problems, and haven't done much tatting in the last 3 months . I was in the hospital 3 times in those 3 months, I had back surgery, and then had a lot of complications after that.
I did manage to make this doily in between hosp stints. I used Lizbeth thread in size 20 in a very dark purple , and lavender.If anyone is interested in the color numbers, just e mail me at unitabear2@aol.com

I copied and pasted the pattern into e mail and printed it off. went back to get the name of designer, and the pattern was no longer on the net. I thought it was a very plain looking doily until I decided to use the two colors. everyone just loves this doily . I enjoyed making it and just sorry I didn't copy the designer's name down. if anyone knows please let me know.

thanks,

Nita

2 comments:

Liyarra said...

Hi Nita,
that is a really cool doily!!. The colors really make it live don't they?

I am also interested in your mat underneath for blocking - is that something that is commercially available or something you made yourself??

Regards, Jenni (Liyarra)

Nita's Goodies said...

HI Jenni,
You can get the mat at Joanne's fabric stores, that is where I got this one.It is a nice size for larger pieces.Works really great.
I am making a second doily in two colors.Doing it in a pale pink , and med lav, LIZBETH size 20..........