Tuesday, September 8, 2009

#25 FOR 25 MOTIF CHALLENGE




Last , but not Least. I promised to publish this when I finished, so here it is. I used size 80 Dmc cordonnet thread in ecru color.

This is an old old pattern.Designed by Adeline Cordet. The Pattern was missing the whole bottom part, everything below the row of roses and wheels. Thank goodness I have a great teacher that figured it out from the photo we had that was in an old book.

I had a lot of frustrating times, but am very proud of the final outcome.



8 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hoorah! 25!!
This is a gorgeous piece. It has so much work in it.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm rather speechless at the moment! Congratulations on both achieving the 25th motif AND for showing this collar as a Grand Finale! I know you showed a portion of it awhile back, and even that portion amazed me. This is simply spectacular! Was part of the pattern missing because pages were missing, or because the instructions were mis-printed? In any event you finished it off perfectly! A superb job!

Krystle said...

Wow!!!!! Beautiful!

mica said...

Wow! It's beautiful. How long did it take you make it? It's so beautiful I wouldn't want to wear it, but it would also be a shame to keep it hidden!

Nita's Goodies said...

Mica,
I think it took me a month or more to make it. With
I may wear it a time or two to a tatting convention, or something like that, but I will enter it next YEAR in the Los Angeles County fair
%Thanks to all for wonderful comments.

Unknown said...

Nita, this is absolutely fabulous! It's so beautiful! What a lot of work! I have no idea how I missed this post! It's amazing!

~TattingChic ♥

Liyarra said...

That is a spectacular piece - well worth waiting for. So nicely done too. Congratulations.

Gina said...

Oh my, this should account for the entire 25 motifs! Wish I'd known you were missing part of the pattern. I'm pretty sure I have a complete copy. Fabulous job!